REDDSTAR will present at EU-MSC2 meeting in Leiden in September
Hosted by Leiden University Medical Center, the EU MSC2 2017 meeting in Leiden, NL on September 12th and 13th will assemble twelve EU-funded, mesenchymal stromal cell-focussed consortia. Projects to be presented include: REDDSTAR, REACH, RETHRIM, Stellar, MERLIN, Nephstrom, SCIENCE, VISICORT and Adipoa-2, AUTOSTEM, BOOSTB4, SEPCELL, RESSTORE, and RESPINE. This two day, interactive meeting will be held at the Stadsgehoorzaal Leiden. Three overarching aspects of the EU-MSC2 meeting include: mechanisms of action and potency assays; an interactive panel discussion on product development, and product development and market authorisation in a changing regulatory landscape.
The objectives of the meeting are to:
- Enhance knowledge-sharing between EU research groups working in the mesenchymal stromal cell biology domain
- Engage with European Commission Project Officers and other stakeholders from International Society of Cellular Therapy, stem cell ethicists and the European Medicines Agency (EMA)
- Assemble trans-disciplinary research groups working across the global health spectrum but with a common focus of mesenchymal stromal cell biology
- Bring up-and-coming researchers together for networking purposes, and to explore future consortium building and international funding application opportunities
Expected impacts and outcomes:
- Provide opportunities to develop new mesenchymal stromal cell networks
- Disseminate the findings and challenges between MSC-focussed consortia
- Improve the communication potential of research, outcomes and the value of the research
- Explore potential for new commercial technologies
- Collectively enhance the quality and impact of planned clinical trials
These EU-funded projects are:
- Improving the quality of life for European citizens
- Progressing the clinical translation of MSC research and developments
For more information, please visit EU MSC2 2017.
Register via Eventbrite by August 14 2017.
Read the EU-MSC2 2015 meeting report here.